MLK said: "Injustice Anywhere is a Threat to Justice Everywhere"
End Corruption in the Courts!
Court employee, judge or citizen - Report Corruption in any Court Today !! As of May 15, 2014, we've received over 137,835 tips...KEEP THEM COMING !! Email: CorruptCourts@gmail.com
Most Read Stories
- Tembeckjian's Corrupt Judicial 'Ethics' Commission Out of Control
- As NY Judges' Pay Fiasco Grows, Judicial 'Ethics' Chief Enjoys Public-Paid Perks
- New York Judges Disgraced Again
- Wall Street Journal: When our Trusted Officials Lie
- Massive Attorney Conflict in Madoff Scam
- FBI Probes Threats on Federal Witnesses in New York Ethics Scandal
- Federal Judge: "But you destroyed the faith of the people in their government."
- Attorney Gives New Meaning to Oral Argument
- Wannabe Judge Attorney Writes About Ethical Dilemmas SHE Failed to Report
- 3 Judges Covered Crony's 9/11 Donation Fraud
- Former NY State Chief Court Clerk Sues Judges in Federal Court
- Concealing the Truth at the Attorney Ethics Committee
- NY Ethics Scandal Tied to International Espionage Scheme
- Westchester Surrogate's Court's Dastardly Deeds
Monday, June 29, 2009
Disbarred NY Lawyer Gets 6 Months for Swindling Clients
Disbarred Westchester lawyer to spend 6 months in jail for swindling clients
The Journal News by Rebecca Baker - June 16, 2009
WHITE PLAINS, NY - A disbarred Mamaroneck lawyer was sentenced today to serve six months in jail for stealing more than $445,000 from four clients and then failing to pay taxes on the stolen cash. The sentence for Christopher Meyers, 46, was part of a five-year "shock" probation in which he will serve 4 1/2 years on probation after his jail term. Meyers, wearing blue jeans and a navy blue T-shirt to his sentencing in state Supreme Court in White Plains, said he has "extreme regret" for hurting his clients and his family. "I apologize to all parties, the victims and my family, who's been gravely affected by this," he said. Meyers, who had a law office in Buchanan, was arrested last year after stealing nearly $300,000 from the estate of John S. Burge, officials said. Meyers had told the estate's executor that he needed the money to pay estate taxes, but then kept it for his own use, officials said. He pleaded guilty in February to felony charges of second-degree grand larceny and filing a false personal income tax return. He has paid nearly $300,000 in restitution, but still owes $90,619 to the Burge estate and $56,624 to ex-client Norman Preteau. He also owes $29,302 to the state Department of Taxation and Finance and $3,000 to Springvale Apartments in Cortlandt, but was not charged with the latter theft. State Supreme Court Justice Richard A. Molea told Meyers that he had been a "fine attorney" and "a credit to his profession" before he committed these crimes, which he described as "an aberration." Molea said Meyers' actions not only created stress on his family but caused great financial strain on his victims, especially Preteau. Meyers was disbarred early last year after an investigation was launched. He must pay $2,889 a month in restitution starting Nov. 15 as a requirement for probation. firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted by Corrupt Courts Administrator at 12:27 PM
- ► 2013 (51)
- ► 2012 (320)
- ► 2011 (349)
- ► 2010 (270)
- Governor Names Krane to Commisson on Public Integr...
- Corrupt Westchester Surrogate's Court Brings Out W...
- Disbarred NY Lawyer Gets 6 Months for Swindling Cl...
- Court Corruption Begins in Nation's Law Schools
- Judge: You are an Officer of the Court and Let Soc...
- Corrupt Surrogate Court Getting Testy, Fight Break...
- Join the Call to Hold Our Public Servants Accounta...
- Corrupt Court Actors Facing Guilt of Honest Servic...
- NY Lawyer for Holocaust Victims Disbarred Again
- Attorney Who "Helped" Holocaust Victims Disbarred
- Proper Oversight of Judges and Attorneys Reduces F...
- Tembeckjian's Crimes, Part 1 - Coming Monday, July...
- NY Daily News Editorial: This Court is a Crime...
- Corrupt Judicial 'Ethics' Commission Up to Old Tri...
- U.S. House Impeaches Federal Judge
- New York Judge Charged at DWI Checkpoint
- Skell of the Day: Lawyer Arrested in theft of 100k...
- Lawyer for Holocaust Victims Claims Trust-Fund Dip...
- Holocaust Victims' Lawyer Contests Disbarment
- Tembeckjian on Senate Video as Focus Turns to Corr...
- Judicial Corruption Probe Said to Be Eyeing Crimin...
- Grand Jury: Appoint Watchdog to Clean Up Corruptio...
- New Administrative Judge Scheinkman Plans Needed C...
- Failure Leads to Judgeship
- A Clear Case for Judicial Impeachment
- Video of Senator John L. Sampson's 1st Hearing on ...
- New York Sate Retaliatory Court Rats to Scatter an...
- U.S. House to Consider Impeachment of Lying Federa...
- NYLJ: Grievances Against Lawyer, Judge Discipline ...
- U.S. Supreme Court Rules on 'Buying' Courts
- Ex-Judge, Court Clerk Indicted in FBI Corruption P...
- Convicted Federal Judge Facing Impeachment Submits...
- Chief Admin. Judge Pfau Appoints Scheinkman to Rep...
- New York Judges Order Raises for Themselves
- May 19, 2009 NYLJ: Newspaper Subpoenas 9 Judges
- Judge Testifies on Corruption
- $140,000 for a Judgeship?
- ▼ June (37)
- ► 2008 (547)
See Video of Senator John L. Sampson's 1st Hearing on Court 'Ethics' Corruption
The first hearing, held in Albany on June 8, 2009 hearing is on two videos:
Video of 1st Hearing on Court 'Ethics' Corruption
The June 8, 2009 hearing is on two videos:
Worthy of Review: Click here to see 'Sex Scandal at Attorney Ethics Committee'
Worthy of Review: Click here to see 'NY Attorney pleads guilty to federal felony; Gets law license back'