MLK said: "Injustice Anywhere is a Threat to Justice Everywhere"
End Corruption in the Courts!
Court employee, judge or citizen - Report Corruption in any Court Today !! As of June 15, 2016, we've received over 142,500 tips...KEEP THEM COMING !! Email: CorruptCourts@gmail.com
Most Read Stories
- Tembeckjian's Corrupt Judicial 'Ethics' Commission Out of Control
- As NY Judges' Pay Fiasco Grows, Judicial 'Ethics' Chief Enjoys Public-Paid Perks
- New York Judges Disgraced Again
- Wall Street Journal: When our Trusted Officials Lie
- Massive Attorney Conflict in Madoff Scam
- FBI Probes Threats on Federal Witnesses in New York Ethics Scandal
- Federal Judge: "But you destroyed the faith of the people in their government."
- Attorney Gives New Meaning to Oral Argument
- Wannabe Judge Attorney Writes About Ethical Dilemmas SHE Failed to Report
- 3 Judges Covered Crony's 9/11 Donation Fraud
- Former NY State Chief Court Clerk Sues Judges in Federal Court
- Concealing the Truth at the Attorney Ethics Committee
- NY Ethics Scandal Tied to International Espionage Scheme
- Westchester Surrogate's Court's Dastardly Deeds
Sunday, May 2, 2010
NY Lawyer Sues NY Judge On $500,000.00 Loan
Lawyer suit: Judge owes me half-mil
The New York Post by William J. Gorta and Liz Sadler - April 29, 2010
A Bronx judge accused of having a chronic gambling problem borrowed a half-million dollars from a law- school class mate, telling her that loan sharks would break his legs and hurt his children if she didn't help him, according to court papers. George Villegas, who was elected to state Supreme Court in 2007, was mired in a "vicious cycle of gambling and borrowing money" from lawyer Janet Cohen between January 1988 and December 2006, she alleges in a suit. "Defendant periodically called plaintiff to inform her that loan sharks would soon 'break my legs' and 'hurt my children' if she did not give him money," the suit says. "Defendant borrowed over $500,000 from plaintiff to pay for and subsidize his chronic gambling." The suit, filed in Queens Supreme Court last Friday, said Cohen had inherited approximately $1.5 million between 1988 and 1998 from deceased family members, including her mother and two aunts. Only the first page of the complaint was available at the County Clerk's Office, so the bulk of her demands are unknown. Cohen, 57, declined an opportunity to fill in the gaps. "I don't know if I'm quite ready yet," Cohen said when asked if she would comment. "I didn't anticipate this so suddenly." But she made a point of identifying the man she is suing. "Do you know who he is?" Cohen asked before confirming Villegas' identity to The Post. Pressed outside her Forest Hills home for more details, she said, "No, not right now. I don't want to talk about it," before walking off with her cat. The suit also says that in December 2006, Villegas gave Cohen a promissory note for the $500,000, vowing to pay off the debt in 30 years. Villegas and Cohen both attended law school at SUNY Buffalo. He graduated in 1987 and was admitted to the bar in 1991. Cohen was admitted to the bar in 1988. Villegas, 57, was knocked by the New York City Bar Association when he was running for the Supreme Court as not having the "requisite qualifications." As a Criminal Court judge, Villegas sent rapper DMX to jail for seven days for driving with a suspended license, calling the notoriously bad driver "a violation waiting to happen." A woman who answered the phone in Villegas' chambers in Bronx Supreme Court said the jurist was on the bench yesterday afternoon, but the courtroom was empty when The Post visited. email@example.com
Posted by Corrupt Courts Administrator at 11:38 PM
- ► 2013 (51)
- ► 2012 (320)
- ► 2011 (349)
- Lawyer, Executive Charged With Stealing $60 Millio...
- Lawyer accused Of Trying To Blackmail Ex-Lover Int...
- Daily News EDITORIAL On Greedy 9/11 Lawyers
- Former New York Senator Gets 7 Years for Corruptio...
- The Big National Problem: Oversight Conflicts
- Make This Judge Chief Judge of New York
- A "Judges' Union" in New York?
- 'Outsider' To Run For Governor, Wil Clean Up Corru...
- Good Attempt to Mend Truth, Justice and the BigLaw...
- Short Circuiting Justice
- Federal Magistrate Scoffs at Higher Court, Continu...
- From Coast to Coast, Judicial Corruption Stinks
- PJ Prudenti: Lawyer Ethics Guided By Core Principl...
- Explanation of Non-Existent Attorney Ethics: Misse...
- More Manipulation of New York State 'Justice'
- Attorney General Cuomo Sues Attorney Nicolia
- 'Gamblin' Bronx Judge Is Back
- NY Surrogate Calls for Shifting of Power
- The Washington Post: Judges and Conflicts
- NY Lawyer Sues NY Judge On $500,000.00 Loan
- America's Big Law Firms Know How to Buy Results
- ▼ May (21)
- ► 2009 (554)
- ► 2008 (546)
See Video of Senator John L. Sampson's 1st Hearing on Court 'Ethics' Corruption
The first hearing, held in Albany on June 8, 2009 hearing is on two videos:
Video of 1st Hearing on Court 'Ethics' Corruption
The June 8, 2009 hearing is on two videos:
Worthy of Review: Click here to see 'Sex Scandal at Attorney Ethics Committee'
Worthy of Review: Click here to see 'NY Attorney pleads guilty to federal felony; Gets law license back'