MLK said: "Injustice Anywhere is a Threat to Justice Everywhere"
End Corruption in the Courts!
Court employee, judge or citizen - Report Corruption in any Court Today !! As of June 15, 2016, we've received over 142,500 tips...KEEP THEM COMING !! Email: CorruptCourts@gmail.com
Most Read Stories
- Tembeckjian's Corrupt Judicial 'Ethics' Commission Out of Control
- As NY Judges' Pay Fiasco Grows, Judicial 'Ethics' Chief Enjoys Public-Paid Perks
- New York Judges Disgraced Again
- Wall Street Journal: When our Trusted Officials Lie
- Massive Attorney Conflict in Madoff Scam
- FBI Probes Threats on Federal Witnesses in New York Ethics Scandal
- Federal Judge: "But you destroyed the faith of the people in their government."
- Attorney Gives New Meaning to Oral Argument
- Wannabe Judge Attorney Writes About Ethical Dilemmas SHE Failed to Report
- 3 Judges Covered Crony's 9/11 Donation Fraud
- Former NY State Chief Court Clerk Sues Judges in Federal Court
- Concealing the Truth at the Attorney Ethics Committee
- NY Ethics Scandal Tied to International Espionage Scheme
- Westchester Surrogate's Court's Dastardly Deeds
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Update on Judges Judging Judicial Pay Increase
The New York Law Journal by Joel Stashenko - NEWSBRIEFS - July 1, 2009
The Court of Appeals informed parties in Maron v. Silver yesterday that it will hear an appeal as of right in the case in which state judges are seeking a pay raise from the Legislature and governor. Court spokesman Gary Spencer said letters sent yesterday to the attorneys indicated that the Court will hear the case in its normal course, meaning after a full briefing schedule. It typically takes the Court about seven months to hear oral arguments in a case after accepting an appeal, and another month to hand down a written ruling. A 4-1 Appellate Division, Third Department panel dismissed Maron v. Silver, 58 AD 3d 102 (NYLJ, Nov. 14, 2008). Also yesterday, the Court denied as unnecessary a motion for leave to appeal filed by the Maron plaintiffs, who had sought to appeal either as of right, because a substantial constitutional question is directly involved in the case, or through a leave grant. Chief Judge Jonathan Lippman took no part in considering the leave-to-appeal request. He has indicated that because he is a plaintiff in one of the suits, he would recuse himself from any judicial pay litigation that reaches the Court. Lawyers in the two other judicial pay suits pending in the courts, Chief Judge v. Governor and Larabee v. Governor, have indicated that they would like their cases to be consolidated with Maron and for the Court of Appeals to decide the pay raise question at the same time.
Posted by Corrupt Courts Administrator at 10:15 AM
- ► 2013 (51)
- ► 2012 (320)
- ► 2011 (349)
- ► 2010 (270)
- Novel Judicial Strategy: Meet With Mobsters Twice ...
- More on Legal Scholar Who Feds Say Wanted Witness...
- Goldman Sachs Lawyer Charged with Soliciting Onlin...
- ENTER ANDY: Cuomo Subpoenas Public Administrator o...
- Corrupt Judicial Ethics Commission's Bad Acting
- Tembeckjian's Latest Goon Squad Stunt
- The Judge, The Stripper and Bank Fraud
- Roy I. Reardon, Corrupt Chairman of Corrupt Manhat...
- Chief Admin. Judge Pfau Finally Allowed To Do What...
- Feds: NY Lawyers Plotted Murders and Witness Obstr...
- Tembeckjian's Crimes, Part 5 (Albany Atrocity)
- Tembeckjian's Crimes, Part 4 (Cavorting with Felo...
- Shocker: Lawyers Eyed in Madoff Investigation
- The Wall Street Journal: Where Only the Corrupt Su...
- Rooster Suggests Ideas to Ease Henhouse Entry
- NY Judge's Defamation Suit Against Lawyer Nixed
- Attorney's Claim of False Arrest by Court Officer ...
- Is Roy L. Reardon Covering for Tembeckjian and Fri...
- Tembeckjian's Crimes, Part 3 (Criminal Enterprise...
- Ex-Judge Accused of Filing False Documents
- NY Judge Booted for Lewdness, Lies- Now Busted for...
- High Court Judge Theodore T. Jones Addresses Wrong...
- The Judge, the Mobster and Breakfast Case Fixing
- Lawyer Released After 14 Years in Prison for Conte...
- Dreier Gets 20 Years for 'Betrayal of Trust'
- More Shady Shenanigans in Brooklyn Courts
- Attorney Convicted in $2.4 Billion Federal Fraud
- Attorney Conflict in Madoff Scam Brings Big Bucks
- Senate Show Time Resumes: Sampson in the Summer
- Tembeckjian's Crimes, Part 2 (Niagara's Criminal ...
- Dreier Used Law License, Rather Than Ski Mask and ...
- Maybe Attorney Dreier Wasn't Talking, Facing Life
- Investigation Over Judge's Online Porn Put to Bed
- Update on New York Judge Charged at DWI Checkpoint...
- Latest on Raise for New York State Judges
- NY's Surrogate's Courts are "Criminal Enterprises"...
- Tembeckjian’s Crimes, Part 1 ($40 mil and Mispris...
- Presiding Justice Gonzalez Asked to Shut Down Manh...
- More Fireworks on Surrogate's Court 'Criminal Ente...
- New York's Corrupt "Character and Fitness" Committ...
- The Judge and the Mob Bagman
- Is It Too Much To Ask That Employees Stop Altering...
- Update on Judges Judging Judicial Pay Increase
- ▼ July (43)
- ► 2008 (546)
See Video of Senator John L. Sampson's 1st Hearing on Court 'Ethics' Corruption
The first hearing, held in Albany on June 8, 2009 hearing is on two videos:
Video of 1st Hearing on Court 'Ethics' Corruption
The June 8, 2009 hearing is on two videos:
Worthy of Review: Click here to see 'Sex Scandal at Attorney Ethics Committee'
Worthy of Review: Click here to see 'NY Attorney pleads guilty to federal felony; Gets law license back'